– ‘The Magic Of Wor(l)ds’ blog is a hobby, reviews and other bookish stuff on this site are done for free. –
Today I’m on the ‘Defend Me’ blogtour, organised by Silver Dagger Book Tours.
About the Author :
Ayden is the Amazon Bestselling author of the Ragnarök Prophesies series. She lives in the heart of Arkansas with her childhood sweetheart/husband of fourteen years, and their furry minions. When not writing, she spends her time hiking, reading, volunteering, causing mischief, and building a Spork army.
Ayden graduated summa cum laude with her Bachelor of Science degree in Criminal Justice and Forensic Psychology in 2009 before going on to complete her graduate degree in CJ and Law. She currently puts her education to use in the CJ and Social Services field.
Author Links :
Title: Devour Me (Her Best Friend’s Father #1)
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Don’t get caught.
Never fall in love.
And steer clear of his daughter’s friends.
The rules were easy enough for Roman Gregory … until Mila Lawson set out to break every single one of them.
When the twenty-two year old lands on the ATF agent’s doorstep after a nasty breakup, he knows all too well that she’s off-limits. At thirty-eight, he’s almost twice her age, she’s hurting, and the blonde bombshell is his daughter’s best friend.
Mila knows all about wanting what she can’t have. For four years, she’s lusted after Talia McPherson’s scary hot, terminally single father from afar. After walking away from her cheating ex and what she thought was her happily-ever-after, the last thing on her mind is jumping into a new relationship.
Until she find herself living with Roman in Santa Cruz …
Now all she can think about is making all those dirty fantasies come to life. With nothing left to lose, she makes him an offer he can’t refuse: Two weeks of no-holds-barred sex. No strings. No commitments. No messy emotions.
Roman has no business agreeing to her insane proposition. He can’t have her. He shouldn’t even want her. But he’s going to take her anyway … and he has no intentions of stopping until she’s his completely.
If there’s one thing Roman knows for a fact, it’s that he doesn’t lose. Ever.
Devour Me is the first of three steamy novellas featuring Mila and Roman.
Title: Destroy Me (Her Best Friend’s Father #2)
No strings attached.
No messy emotions.
Those were the terms Mila Lawson offered Roman Gregory when they found themselves living together in Santa Cruz. Now that the ATF agent has his daughter’s twenty-two year old best friend in his bed every night, he’s finding it more and more difficult to deny what he’s felt for her since the day they met.
With a drug cartel threatening to go to war and his daughter becoming increasingly suspicious, the last thing Roman should be thinking about is keeping Mila by his side. He’s never wanted much, but he wants her…and he’s willing to break more than a few of his own rules to convince the feisty little blonde to put her heart in his hands.
For Mila, falling for Roman might just be the most terrifying thing she’s ever done. Trusting him with her body is one thing, but with her past still hanging over her, she knows all too well that the scary-hot man who drives her wild has the power to destroy her.
As their time in Santa Cruz draws to a close and the world beyond their little stretch of beach closes in on them, Roman and Mila will be forced to confront the truth about their relationship and make decisions neither could have imagined.
But who ever said falling in love would be easy?
Destroy Me is the second of three steamy novellas featuring Mila and Roman.
Title: Defend Me (Her Best Friend’s Father #3)
Forget the rules.
Forget right or wrong.
Forget letting go.
When Roman Gregory’s daughter caught him and Mila Lawson together in Santa Cruz, he swore he would face whatever he had to face to keep Mila by his side and win back his daughter. But now Talia isn’t speaking to either of them, and their relationship has gotten a whole lot more complicated thanks to the violent gang gunning for the ATF agent.
Mila knows nothing good comes easy, but she never imagined being the reason Talia stopped speaking to her father. All Mila wants to do is fix what she broke before the man she loves loses his daughter for good…even if that means she has to break her own heart to do it.
For Roman, bringing Mila to Los Angeles with a gang war looming on the horizon is the most terrifying thing he’s ever done. But now that he’s fallen in love with the gorgeous blonde, he can’t let her go. He will do whatever it takes to keep her safe and regain his daughter’s trust…even if he has to walk away from his career to do it.
But neither Roman nor Mila could have foreseen the news that will change their lives forever.
When his worst fear becomes a reality and Mila is targeted, more than just their hearts are on the line. To save Mila’s life and guarantee a future with her, Roman will do more than break the rules. He’ll rewrite the rule book entirely.
Nothing will stand in his way. Not even the law itself.
Defend Me is the third part of Mila and Roman’s steamy story.
Guest Post :
Ayden K. Morgen’s Top Ten Alpha Males
I always say how much I love an alpha male. Perhaps that’s because I spend most of my time surrounded them. I see how committed and driven they are, and how hard they love. They’re overprotective and bossy and a little bit possessive…but it always comes from a place of love.
As a fire fighter and a supervisor for a state CJ agency, my husband can be one of the biggest alphas around. He’s also the biggest pushover when it comes to his girls. There is nothing he won’t do for me, our adopted daughter, my sister, his nieces, and my girlfriends. After fifteen years of dealing with his alpha male traits, I always find little pieces of him bleeding into my characters, and find myself seeking them out in my favorite characters.
In the Her Best Friend’s Father series, Roman is a lot like my husband. He’s overprotective, not afraid to be himself, and more than a little bossy. He’s also incredibly sweet, especially where Mila is concerned. He makes no secret of the fact that he’s wrapped around her little finger, and tells her all the time how incredible she is.
To me, there’s nothing sexier than a bossy man who is all about his woman and isn’t afraid to show it. It takes a lot of confidence to put yourself out there, especially in a world where men are still often expected to be stoic and emotionless.
Here are some of my favorite alpha males.
1. Rhage from Lover Eternal by J.R. Ward – He’s this massive warrior who turns into a terrifying beast, but all he thinks about is Mary. He makes me melt in about 2.5 seconds flat. Every. Single. Time.
2. Roland (The Gunslinger) from Wizard and Glass by Stephen King– He’s like John Wayne on crack through most of The Dark Tower series, but in Wizard and Glass, we get to see his humanity in this big way. His entire life is so messed up, but he never forgets his only love, Susan. Swoon.
3. Naz from Monster in His Eyes by J.M. Darhower – This man is a menace. He’s lethal and used to being in charge and doing whatever the hell he feels like he needs to do. He’s also willing to go to some insane lengths for Karissa when he finds himself falling for her. I love a tortured hero, and Naz has that down in spades.
4. Alex Karazov from Reap the Wind by Iris Johansen –There is nothing sexier than a smart alpha male, and Alex has both going for him. It doesn’t hurt that he’s also driven, and loyal, and willing to take on a crazy man to win the day. His grand gesture to Caitlin is absolute perfection.
5. Wesley Carter from A Pound of Flesh by Sophie Jackson – I’m not a big fan of criminals as heroes, but Wesley Carter is one of the exceptions to that rule. He’s the definition of bad boy, but he’s also really freaking sweet. I love how he is with Kat.
6. Reese Carroll from Sweet Addiction by J. Daniels – I don’t even know where to start with Reese. He’s gorgeous. Successful. Adorable. And over-the-top possessive. I just love how he doesn’t let anything stand in his way when it comes to Dylan.
7. Patch from Hush, Hush by Becca Fitzpatrick – Ah, Patch. My fake boyfriend. Patch wants nothing more than to become human, but he gives it all up for one special girl, and he does it with a suggestive quip on the tip of his tongue. Through it all, he’s pretty dang mysterious too. My husband tells my friends that Patch is my husband-approved boyfriend. What’s not to love?
8. Carmine from Sempre by J.M. Darhower – Carmine and Haven endure all sorts of horrific situations, interference, and life or death moments, but they never stop loving one another. He never stops fighting for her. I cannot read this book without curling into a ball and crying my eyes out, but I adore the story and Carmine so much. Swoon.
9. Rain from the Tairen Soul series by C.L. Wilson – This Fae king is a total bad-ass, excuse the language. He destroys an entire race, climbs back from the depths of self-loathing, and saves his soul mate and the world from some pretty scary mages. And he does it dressed in leather and strapped with weaponry. Hot.
10. Hayden Stryker from Helena Hunting’s Clipped Wings series – Ah, Hayden. He’s such an incredible character. Not only is he covered in tattoos (hot), but he’s sexy as sin, and both rough and gentle in turns. He’s also a little tortured, and willing to do whatever it takes to help Tenley heal.
Do you have any favorites?
Follow the tour here for exclusive excerpts, guest posts and win a $15 Amazon Giftcard, a signed copy of Ravished and a Devour Me Bookmark, All Over You ebook, and a Ravished ebook (1 winner each) via this Rafflecopter giveaway. Good luck, everyone!
The Magic Of Wor(l)ds
Blog Tour Organized By:
Silver Dagger Book Tours